COVID-19 outbreak has triggered fear among businesses worldwide.
Business owners have started thinking twice before spending on any business services. Some are also moving towards cost-cutting in every sphere, be it employment or expenditure.
We all know Covid19 has impacted the present economic situation but is it going to stay the same. Well no, as coronavirus subsides, things will surely get back to normal.
If you as a business owner, are thinking to step back from digital marketing, then you need to think twice. Your marketing cannot take a back seat; you need to be in the market to attract more customers. Potential clients will be soon browsing and looking for your services soon. So, it’s not the time to fret, use this opportunity to make your digital marketing game stronger.
Read along to know different ways to boost up your digital marketing, when your competitors will be hesitant to invest in it.
Digital marketing services that can help you sustain in recession
- PPC Ads
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
Why choose PPC ads?
- With PPC ads, you can reach people you want at your preferred time.
- You can display your ads on specific websites, also at the top of the search engine results. Moreover, you can go for Google Ads, Bing, and LinkedIn PPC Ads platforms.
- Paid ads have 11.38% CTR on Google (Source: Sparktoro, 2019).
- Google Ads results receive 65% of the clicks that started with buying keywords, while organic results only receive 35% (Source: Craig McConnel PPC Stats)
- PPC campaigns are performing great even in this pandemic and they produce quicker results as compared to other digital marketing services.
- It is one of the cost-effective conversions of rich forms of digital marketing.
- Email marketing lets you send multiple emails to multiple clients. You can also use automated software like Mailchimp to send emails if you have less than 2000 subscribers.
- You can divide your clients into existing, old, new clients, and send messages accordingly.
- In this quarantine time, you can reach out to your existing customers and make an offer to their family and friends. This way, you will be able to extend your network.
- Statista reported 3.9 billion email users globally and the figure is expected to reach 4.3 billion in 2023. (Source: Statista 2020)
- As per DMA, 2019 you can get an average return of $42 on every $1.(Source: DMA, 2019
Search engine optimization:
SEO is known to produce great results once you have researched the market phrases and keywords thoroughly.
- It is an expensive digital marketing strategy but ensures great benefits.
- Local search engine optimization helps many businesses generate more targeted traffic.
- After everything gets normal, you will start getting bulk traffic, and your search volume will return to a good number if you keep up your SEO efforts.
- As per Hubspot, organic search results in 94% of all web traffic, and the first position on Google search results has a 34% click-through rate for desktop and 35% percent for mobile.
- Also, 75% of internet users never scroll beyond the first page of the search engines. (Source: Junto, 2017).
Social media marketing
We all know that out of sight is out of mind.
- 42% of the world’s population uses social media, and this makes 3 billion users. ( source-Statista)
- It is the best way to keep in touch with your existing customers and spread your message to your new audience.
- It doesn’t generate instant results, but consistent marketing efforts promise good returns.
- According to GlobalWebIndex, 54% of social browsers use social media to research products.
- Due to the enormous reach, you cannot ignore social media marketing. Moreover, can use several social media platforms like Instagram ads, Facebook ads, Twitter ads, and LinkedIn ads to advertise your services.
App downloads and software:
- Building an app alone is not enough, you need to find ways to market it, otherwise, your hard work will go down the drain.
- You can adopt both free and paid ways to promote your apps and software.
- Start posting about your new release on your social media because most of your audience are smartphone users.
- Even paid marketing such as PPC ads, affiliate marketing would work great for your app.
How to market in this recession period?
- You can plan and schedule your emails, social media, blog posts through automation. This saves your time and helps you to focus on other aspects of your business.
- Tools such as Mailchimp, Hubspot work great for email marketing.
- Try sending personalized and targeted messages to your customers. Keep in touch with your customers through your social media channels.
- You can test your email subject lines and see what works for you. Moreover, test various messages and send the best performing campaign to your audience.
- Hootsuite allows you to schedule your social media posts.
- It is best to be in touch with your customers. You can share your innovations, achievements, or your client stories.
- Moreover, keep your customers updated about your business and services. Also, you can try various content marketing campaigns to attract more customers.
- Your customers review your products on various platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more. So, you need to be active on every platform.
- Engage with your customers, listen to them, and contribute in a valuable and appropriate way.
Get in front of your potential customers:
- You need to build your brand awareness to reach more customers to your website.
- Focus on creating high-quality content that people will share and you will get more exposure.
- Also, it’s time to revisit your content and give it a fresh look so that it ranks high in search engines.
Focus on driving conversions:
- Revisit your website and check your case studies and reviews. Take the valuable content and promote it into your stories and social media posts. Also, you can revamp your existing website as small changes can create a big impact.
Measure your marketing analytics:
You need to measure how many leads you generate, your upsells, sales numbers.
For all this, you can try Google analytics and measure your performance. It will help you to come up with new strategies that you can implement to generate more leads.
The digital marketing world is vast and you need to be innovative and experimental to see the results. Try the above mentioned digital marketing strategies and see what works for your business.
If your site is facing traffic issues, don’t panic, just review your marketing options online, set a budget & review the best techniques. We can help you rank high in google searches. Moreover, if you need digital marketing agency assistance, contact us by dropping us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will walk you through different digital marketing recent trends, and it won’t be a hassle for you anymore.