The digital marketing world has a whole new vocabulary and set of concepts. In this scenario, you have to create a landing page that easily fits into your digital marketing strategy.
A landing page is a page that pushes the visitor to take an action. This feature makes it different from other pages of the website. The primary goal of a landing page is to generate more leads and convert them into buyers. Converting visitors into leads is usually accomplished by call-to-action or lead generation forms.
Effective landing pages are used for:
- Promoting new products
- Growing subscriber lists or loyal customers
- Boosting sales and leads
- Capturing insights and data
Designing an impressive landing page may sound like a simple task but a lot goes in there. The web designers you hire can create landing pages that convert more effectively.
Here are the best practices used for creating an impressive landing page:
1. Keep it short and simple
You should have a clear picture of how you want your landing page to be. If you are clear, it is likely that there will no confusion among your visitors.
An aesthetically appealing design gives an impressive result. An overloaded page doesn’t serve the purpose.
2. Have a user perspective
Even before you start the design, keep your target audience in mind.
You should know:
- How will your product or service benefit them?
- What is the USP of your product or service?
- How will you increase the conversion?
The aforementioned questions help you understand who your target audience is. Further, it will help design the best landing page, depending on the needs as well as their expectations from your company.
Even if they haven’t heard about your service before, if you are able to analyze their online behavior, then you’re already on the right track to create an effective landing page.
3. Engaging content
Content is the king. This is a common phrase but it is true when you are ready to design a landing page. Visual content is important but content also plays an essential role. It has to be powerful.
Be at the other end and in the user’s shoes to understand what he would like. Shape the message that you want to convey in your head and aim for clarity. If you are unable to explain the mission to the users in a simple way, then you may have to reconsider your message.
4. Eye-catchy headlines
When you are working on grammatical error-free content that is presentable as well, make sure the headlines are captivating. These should be the ‘hook or else you may lose your visitor.
You have to make a powerful impression with the headline and it should stand out. Don’t forget that you have to convey the essential message the right way.
The right landing page headline should be:
- Short and crisp
- Persuasive and catchy
- States what problem it solves
- Conveys a sense of urgency
5. Come up with a powerful CTA
Call-to-action has to be aesthetically impressive and functional. You can experiment with the effect of colors, shapes, sizes, and fonts when it comes to your CTA.
You can become a pro at your CTA button game. Here are tips to follow:
- Make sure there is a primary CTA. This makes it easy for the visitor to take an action.
- Use cues that directly point the users towards the call-to-action.Use strong and bright colors that will make the CTA buttons stand out by creating contrast. Take the help of actionable phrases for your CTA. This includes, “Start Now,” and “Get a Free Quote Now.”
6. Responsive design
A responsive landing page offers an experience based on the device having different screen sizes making it ideal for viewing. Here are the benefits of good responsive designs:
- They provide an optimal experience for the users across the board. This way users can easily navigate the website with minimum resizing and scrolling.
- Responsiveness enhances the user experience that ultimately results in a positive perception of your brand and business.
- Responsive layouts are feature-rich
- Responsive landing pages manage to grab a massive amount of traffic from different devices.
- Responsive landing pages integrate with the SMM campaigns. You thereby get more leads.
- The responsive designs reduce the layout complexity.
7. The Right visuals
Visuals enhance the appeal of the landing page. But it has to be meaningful supporting the right text.
Don’t fill the landing page will images and more images. Simplicity is what customers get attracted by and visual content helps in amplifying the conversion rate.
The right visual:
- Enhances the landing making the message clear.
- Explain the product and services effectively.
- Helps in building engagement.
8. Optimize for mobile
Mobile optimization should be a priority for all the landing pages as many visitors browse through their phones. Smartphone users are increasing day by day so they look for a seamless experience across different devices.
Mobile designs should focus on UX. Only then you will be able to deliver exceptional results. Most importantly, Google is serious about mobile updates and considers page speed. This means you have to take care of the optimization aiming for simple, and clear pages.
9. Keep distractions at bay
You will agree that distractions are everywhere and as the attention span of the user is becoming shorter.
It takes a lot to grab the attention of the user and that is why there should be no distraction on the page.
Anything from a banner to a pop-up message, menu to an external link, ensures nothing in the design of the page is not blocking the funnel. This will help you turn your visitors into customers.
The main purpose of a landing page is to retain visitors and then convert them into buyers and subscribers. Marketers consider it as the most powerful way to gather leads.
When you get your landing page designed in the right way, you manage to make an impressive impression on your users. Follow the aforementioned time and tested strategies that will help you in making the landing page highly converting as well as results-oriented.